Subject Guide - Accounting
- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search the Online Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches the catalog and most of the RPCC Library databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing papers, and documenting and citing sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Visit eBook Collections to access collections from several ebook providers. RPCC ebooks are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students will be prompted to login with their Library User ID or Alt. ID, and PIN to access these ebooks from off-campus.
- Accountants’ Handbook. Vol. 1, Financial Accounting and General Topics, 10th Edition, 2003, by Douglas R. Carmichael.
- Accountants’ Handbook. Vol. 2, Special Industries and Special Topics, 10th Edition, 2003, by Douglas R. Carmichael.
- Accounting Best Practices, 2004, by Steven M. Bragg.
- Accounting Demystified, 2004, by Jeffry R. Haber.
- The Controller’s Function: The Work of the Managerial Accountant, 3rd Edition, 2004, by Janice M. Roehl-Anderson.
- Financial Accounting, 2008, by John Stittle and Bob Wearing.
- Great Jobs for Accounting Majors, 2nd Edition, 2005, by Jan Goldberg.
- Practical Guide to SAP Profit Center Accounting, 2016, by John Pringle
- Wiley federal accounting handbook : policies, standards, procedures, practices, 2007 by Cornelius E.Tierney
Suggested Streaming Videos
- Accountants and Auditors: Career Beginnings
- Audit and Assurance Accountant—Career Q&A: Professional Advice and Insight (FULL VIDEO) HD
- Forensic Accountants: A day on the Job
What's on our Shelves in the RPCC Library on the Gonzales Campus
Browse the print books, DVDs, and other items by call number
- HF 5601 to HF 5689 – Accounting, bookkeeping.
- HF 5691 to HF 5716 – Business mathematics, commercial arithmetic.
- HF 5735 to HF 5746 – Business records management.
- HG 1 to HG 9999 – Finance, including personal finance, money, banking, etc.
Suggested External Websites
- Accounting Coach, provides FREE online educational materials on accounting concepts, including explanations, quizzes, puzzles, etc. The site also offers premium resources for a fee.
- Accounting Terminology Guide, from the website of the New York State Society of CPAs.
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), is an independent organization that sets accounting standards for companies and nonprofits in the United States.
- Financial Management Services: U.S. Dept. of Treasury, responsible for one of the oldest and most basic functions of the Department of the Treasury, the Financial Management Service (FMS) receives and disburses all public monies, maintains government accounts, and prepares daily and monthly reports on the status of government finances. FMS administers the world’s largest collection system.