Subject Guide - Business
- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search the Online Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches the catalog and most of the RPCC Library databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing papers, and documenting and citing sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Visit the eBook Collections page for links to thousands of ebooks from several ebook providers. RPCC ebooks are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students will be prompted to login with their Library User ID or Alt. ID, and PIN to access these ebooks from off-campus.
Suggested Internet Resources
- Free Management Library, which includes topics like business ethics, business planning, marketing, etc.
- BPubs.com, a directory of business publications.
- Academic Initiatives, from the SHRM: Society for Human Resource Management, includes some free resources for faculty and students, though access to some may require membership.
- SBA.GOV, from the U.S. Small Business Administration, this site includes information and resources for small businesses.
- Test Your Money Smarts, from the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- U. S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
Special Topics: Film on Demand
Business Ethics: Global Business uses a Q&A format to teach the basics of business ethics in a global economy. Topics include ethics of varying standards, providing leadership…
Business Planning. In business, failing to plan equates to planning to fail. Business planning is critical to the success and sustainability of any organization.
Marketing Your Business. Learn the definition of what marketing really is. How to design a proper marketing program, sources to tap for advertising and communicating.
Print Resources on the Shelves in the RPCC Library on the Gonzales Campus
Selected Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers (Print Edition)
- Bloomberg Businessweek
- U. S. News and World Report
- Wall Street Journal
Browse the Print Books, DVDs, and Other Shelved Resources by Call Number
- HF 1 to HF 6182 – Commerce
- HF 5001 to HF 6182 – Business
- HF 5387 to HF 5387.5 – Business ethics
- HF 5410 to HF 5417.5 – Marketing. Distribution of products
- HF 5501 to HF 5511 – Business organization and administration
- HF 5546 to HF 5548.6 – Office management
- HF 5549 to HF 5549.5 – Personnel management. Employment management
- HF 5601 to HF 5689 – Accounting. Bookkeeping
- HF 5691 to HF 5716 – Business mathematics. Commercial arithmetic
- HF 5717 to HF 5734.7 – Business communication including business report writing, business correspondence
- HF 5735 to HF 5746 – Business records management
- HF 5801 to HF 6182 – Advertising
- HF 5001 to HF 6182 – Business
- HG 1 to HG 9999 – Finance
- HG 178 – Liquidity
- HG 179 – Personal finance
- HG 201 to HG 1496 – Money
- HG 1501 to HG 3550 – Banking
- HG 3691 to HG 3769 – Credit. Debt. Loans
- HG 4001 to HG 4285 – Finance management. Business finance. Corporate finance
- KF – United States Federal Law
- KF 801 to KF 1241 – Contracts, including commercial law, banking
- KF 1355 to KF 1480 – Associations, including business associations, partnerships and corporations
- KF 1600 to KF 2940 – Regulation of industry, trade and commerce, including advertising, small business
- KF 2971 to KF 3193 – Intellectual property, including design protection and patent law and trademarks
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at email@example.com if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.