Subject Guide - Business Office Technology & Practices
- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search the Online Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches the catalog and most of the RPCC Library databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing papers, and documenting and citing sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Visit the eBook Collections page for links to thousands of ebooks from several ebook providers. RPCC ebooks are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students will be prompted to login with their Library User ID or Alt. ID, and PIN to access these ebooks from off-campus.
LearningExpress PrepSTEP: Test preparation, computer skills, online learning, job skills. Practice tests, e-books, and more.
Suggested Internet Resources
- Business Management Daily, offers free reports, articles, and videos on various business office and technology topics.
- Professional, Technical Writing, from OWL: Purdue Online Writing Lab. It also offers other guides for business writing.
- Small Business Learning Center, from the U. S. Small Business Administration, offers online training and videos for topics like Customer Service, business technology, recordkeeping, and more.
- Online Typing Tutorials:
Special Topics: Films on Demand
Desktop Publishing: Getting the Message Out. Desktop Publishing: Getting the Message Out introduces the world of digital design with a look at the work these artists do, the hardware and software needs of a DTP pro, and some of the elements of page design that go into creating an attractive, effective document. Desktop publishing is a career more students should consider and this video “look behind the scenes” will help your students do just that.
Please note that when accessing Films on Demand from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
Print Resources on the Shelves in the RPCC Library on the Gonzales Campus
Selected Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers (Print Edition)
Browse the Print Books, DVDs, and Other Shelved Resources by Call Number
- HF 5389 – Business and office etiquette.
- HF 5521 to HF 5541 – Office equipment and supplies.
- HF 5546 to HF 5548.6 – Office management, practices; word processing, data processing, spreadsheets, programs and applications.
- HF 5717 to HF 5734.7 – Business communication, writing.
- HF 5735 to HF 5741 – Business records management; document imaging systems, filing systems.
- HG 1615.7 .T4 – Bank tellers.
- HG 1616 .C87 – Banking – customer service.
- HG 1709 – Banking – data processing.
- PE 1478 – Report writing.
- PE 1479 .B87 – Business writing.
- QA 76.9 .D26 to QA 76.9 D337 – Databases; database design; data entry.
- R 728.8 – Medical secretaries, office assistants, etc.
- R 864 – Medical records, including methods of record-keeping.
- Z 49 – Typewriting; keyboarding.
- Z 52 – Word processing.
- Z 253.53 – Desktop publishing.
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.