Subject Guide - Computers & Computer Science
- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search the Online Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches the catalog and most of the RPCC Library databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing papers, and documenting and citing sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Visit the eBook Collections page for links to thousands of ebooks from several ebook providers. RPCC ebooks are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students will be prompted to login with their Library User ID or Alt. ID, and PIN to access these ebooks from off-campus.
Suggested Internet Resources
- HowStuffWorks: Computers, includes information on hardware, software, peripherals, security and the Internet.
- Jan’s Computer Lessons and Tutorials, free tutorials on computer basics, created and maintained by a math and computer instructor; includes information on XP through Windows 7, as well as popular Microsoft Office applications.
- Microsoft Office 365 Training Training, offers training courses for Microsoft Office 365 applications. See a specific application for help with older versions. Formats include videos, webinars, and downloadable materials.
Special Topics: Films on Demands
Print Resources on the Shelves in the RPCC Library on the Gonzales Campus
- HF 5547 to HF 5548.5 – Office management, office automation, including Word processing, Data processing, Software development, and Special computers, systems or programs.
- QA 75.5 to QA 76.95 – Electronic computers. Computer science.
- QA 76.75 to QA 76.765 – Computer software.
- TK 5105.73 to TK 5105.883 – Electronic mail systems, Internet, etc.
- Z 52 to Z 52.5 – Word processing.
Selected Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers (Print Edition)
Browse the Print Books, DVDs, and Other Shelved Resources by Call Number
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.