Subject Guide - Criminal Justice
- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search the Online Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches the catalog and most of the RPCC Library databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing papers, and documenting and citing sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Visit the eBook Collections page for links to thousands of ebooks from several ebook providers. RPCC ebooks are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students will be prompted to login with their Library User ID or Alt. ID, and PIN to access these ebooks from off-campus.
|CQ Researcher Plus Archive (1923 - Present): In–depth, non–biased full text reports on topics and issues in the news.|
|SocINDEX with Full-Text: Over 390 journals, over 720 books, and more.|
Suggested Streaming Videos
Please note that when accessing Film on Demand from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
Print Resources on the Shelves in the RPCC Library on the Gonzales Campus
- HV 6002 to HF 7220.5 – Criminology.
- HV 7231 to HV 9960 – Criminal justice administration.
- HV 7551 to HV 8280.7 – Police. Detectives.
- KF – Law of the United States (Federal).
- KF 379 to KF 382 – Jurisprudence and philosophy of American law.
- KF 9201 to KF 9461 – Criminal law.
- KF 9601 to KF 9760 – Criminal procedure.
- KFL 1 to KFL 599 – Louisiana law.
Selected Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers (Print Edition)
- Social Problems
Browse the Print Books, DVDs, and Other Shelved Resources by Call Number
Suggested External Websites
- Bureau of Justice Statistics, “the United States’ primary source for criminal justice statistics,” a division of the U. S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs.
- FBI Uniform Crime Reporting
"The Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program has been the starting place for law enforcement executives, students of criminal justice, researchers, members of the media, and the public at large seeking information on crime in the nation."
- FBI Uniform Crime Reporting
- Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement and Administration of Criminal Justice, includes statistical data, information on grants and programs, and other criminal justice issues in the state.
- Louisiana State Police, provides information on the agency, statistics, training and more.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service, “a federally funded resource offering justice and substance abuse information to support research, policy, and program development worldwide,” administered by the Office of Justice Programs, U. S. Department of Justice.
- CrimeSolutions- is intended to be a central, reliable resource to help practitioners and policymakers understand what works in justice-related programs and practices.
- United States Courts Great background information on Federal courts