Subject Guide - Electrical Technology
- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search the Online Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches the catalog and most of the RPCC Library databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing papers, and documenting and citing sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Visit the eBook Collections page for links to thousands of ebooks from several ebook providers. RPCC ebooks are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students will be prompted to login with their Library User ID or Alt. ID, and PIN to access these ebooks from off-campus.
LearningExpress PrepSTEP: Test preparation, computer skills, online learning, job skills, etc. Practice tests, e-books, and more. Includes a practice exam for journeyman electrician. Visit How to Access RPCC Library Resources for more information. Individual account required.
Suggested Internet Resources
- Electrical Code Coalition: its mission “is to increase focus and emphasis on electrical safety for persons and property through direct and full adoption, application and uniform enforcement of the latest edition of the National Electrical Code® (NFPA 70®) as the standard for safe electrical installations.”
- Electricians, from the Occupational Outlook Handbook, from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, find out what this job entails, how to become one, wage and salary ranges, and more.
- NFPA: National Fire Protection Association, Offers free online access to the NFPA 70: National Electrical Code and others; a free account is required for access.
- O*NET OnLine: Summary Report for Helpers–Electricians: describes the tasks, tools, skills and more needed to be an electrician’s helper.
Special Topics: Codes and Standards
Find the 2014 National Electrical Code:
- In the Library, McGraw-Hill’s National Electrical Code 2014 Handbook, 28th Edition, 2014.
Call number: TK 260 .N2 2014
- NFPA Codes and Standards: Free online access. You will be asked to “sign-in” or create a profile to access the document in read-only format.
Print Resources on the Shelves in the RPCC Library on the Gonzales Campus
Selected Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers (Print Edition)
Browse the Print Books, DVDs, and Other Shelved Resources by Call Number
- TK – Electrical engineering. Electronics.
- TK 146 – Electric engineering–Textbooks.
- TK 151 – Electrical engineering–Handbooks, manuals, etc..
- TK 152 – Electricity–Safety measures.
- TK 260 – Electrical engineering–Safety measures–Standards–United States.
- TK 452 to TK 454 – Electric apparatus and materials.
- TK 3001 to 3520 – Distribution or transmission of electric power.
- TK 3201 to TK 3285 – Wiring.
- TK 3301 to TK 3351 – Conductors.
- TK 3401 to TK 3441 – Insulation and insulating material.
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at email@example.com if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.