Subject Guide - Psychology Resources
- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search the Online Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches the catalog and most of the RPCC Library databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing papers, and documenting and citing sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Visit the eBook Collections page for links to thousands of ebooks from several ebook providers. RPCC ebooks are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students will be prompted to login with their Library User ID or Alt. ID, and PIN to access these ebooks from off-campus.
Suggested Streaming Videos
Please note that when accessing Film on Demand from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
Print Resources on the Shelves in the RPCC Library on the Gonzales Campus
Selected Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers (Print Edition)
- Psychology and Education
- Psychology Today
Browse the Print Books, DVDs, and Other Shelved Resources by Call Number
- BF 1 to BF 990 – Psychology.
- BF 309 to BF 499 – Consciousness. Cognition, including learning, attention, comprehension, memory, imagination, genius, intelligence, thought and thinking, psycholinguistics, mental fatigue.
- BF 692 to BF 692.5 – Psychology of sex. Sexual behavior.
- BF 697 to BF 697.5 – Differential psychology. Individuality. Self.
- BF 698 to BF 698.9 – Personality.
- BF 712 to BF 724.85 – Developmental psychology, including infant psychology, child psychology, adolescence, adulthood.
- HM 1001 to HM 1281 – Social psychology.
- HM 1041 to HM 1101 – Social perception. Social cognition, including perception of the self and others, prejudices, stereotype.
- HM 1106 to HM 117 – Interpersonal relations. Social behavior.
- HM 1176 to HM 1281 – Social influence. Social pressure.
- LB 1050.9 to LB 1091 – Educational psychology.
- RC 435 to RC 571 – Psychiatry.
- RC 475 to RC 489 – Therapeutics. Psychotherapy.
- RC 512 to RC 569.5 – Psychopathology, including Psychoses, Neuroses, Personality disorders and Behavior problems.
Suggested External Websites
- Glossary of Psychological Terms, From the APA (American Psychological Association). The APA website offers information on APA Style, various topics of psychology, etc. Membership and/or registration may be required to access some of the resources.
- Psychology News, From ScienceDaily, this source offers news, articles, videos, and more
- Psychology Today, the companion site of the popular magazine, Psychology Today, it offers basic information on numerous topics in psychology, limited access to articles from the magazine, and more. We also subscribe to the magazine in print, available in the Library.