Subject Guide - Sociology and Women and Gender Studies Resources
- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search the Online Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches the catalog and most of the RPCC Library databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing papers, and documenting and citing sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Visit the eBook Collections page for links to thousands of ebooks from several ebook providers. RPCC ebooks are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students will be prompted to login with their Library User ID or Alt. ID, and PIN to access these ebooks from off-campus.
Academic Search Complete: Articles from 5,500+ journals and other sources, multiple subject areas.
AtoZMapsOnline: Over 145,000 maps, including political, physical, and more.
Britannica Online Academic Edition: A full-text encyclopedia with video, maps, and more.
CQ Researcher: In-depth, non-biased full-text reports on topics and issues in the news.
Films On Demand: Academic and Archival Films across all disciplines and Newsreels Collections.
Gale Ebooks: Reference sources for just about any research topic.
Global Road Warrior: Resources on world cultures, statistics, travel, maps and images.
JSTOR: The Scholarly Archive: articles from scholarly journals in the arts and sciences, humanities, business, etc.
Legal Source: Full-text articles from scholarly law journals on legal issues, studies, and more.
Military and Government Collection: Almost 300 journals covering military and government topics.
Oxford Reference: Full-text general and subject-specific reference sources.
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection: Over 550 publications in behavioral sciences.
SocINDEX with Full-Text: Over 390 journals, over 720 books, and more.
Advanced: Full-text encyclopedia, atlas, dictionary, images, and more.
Suggested Streaming Videos
Please note that when accessing Film on Demand from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
What's on the Shelves in the RPCC Library on the Gonzales Campus
Browse Resources on the Shelves by Call Number
- D – World history including culture and ethnicity of countries and regions the world outside of the Americas.
- DA through DR – Europe.
- DS – Asia.
- DT – Africa.
- DU – Oceania (South Seas; Australia, New Zealand, etc.).
- E to F – History of the Americas.
- E51 to E73 – Pre-Columbian America. The Indians.
- E99 – Indians of North America – Indian tribes and cultures.
- F1 to F975 – United States local history.
- F200 to F380 – Culture, ethnicity, and history of Louisiana.
- F1001 to F1145.2 – Canada.
- F1201 to F3799 – Latin America. Spanish America.
- G – Geography. Anthropology. Recreation.
- G140 – Great cities of the world
- G149 to G180 – Travel.
- GN – Anthropology
- GN357 to GN674 – Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology.
- GR – Folklore.
- GT – Manners and customs.
- H – Social sciences.
- HA 175 to HA 473 – Statistics. By region or country.
- HB 1 to HB 3840 – Economic theory. Demography.
- HB 846 to HB 846.8 – Welfare theory.
- HB 848 to HB 3697 – Demography. Population. Vital events.
- HM – Sociology.
- HM 481 to HM 554 – Theory.
- HM 621 to HM 656 – Culture.
- HM 701 – Social systems
- HM 786 to HM 806 – Organizational sociology. Organization theory.
- HM 811 to HM 821 – Deviant behavior. Social deviance.
- HN 1 to HN 995 – Social history and conditions. Social problems.
- HQ 1 to HQ 2044 – The Family. marriage. Women.
- HQ 503 to HQ 1064 – The family. Marriage, Home.
- HQ 1101 to HQ 2030.7 – Women. Feminism.
- HT 51 to HT 1595 – Communities. Classes. Races.
- HT 101 to HT 395 – Urban groups. Urban sociology.
- HT 401 to HT 485 – Rural groups. Rural sociology.
- HT 601 to HT 1445 – Classes.
- HT 1501 to HT 1595 – Races.
- HV 1 to HV 9960 – Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology.
- HV 6001 to HV 7220.5 – Criminology.
Suggested External Websites
- CIA World Factbook: Information about every country in the world, including the people, political system, economy, geography, etc.
- Crime Statistics Sources:
- Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement and Administration of Criminal Justice
- USAGov: Data and Statistics about the U. S.: Links to U.S. government statistics sites, including demographic, ethnic, and population information.
- The SocioWeb: A directory that lists links to various resources in sociology.
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics: Provides statistics on over 200 countries regarding education, literacy, science and technology, culture and communication. Explore themes or browse by country.
- United Nations Statistics Division: Global statistics, including demographic, ethnic, economic, and population information.